Kettler Stroker Review Summary
Quiet, powerful and coming in at a great price, the Kettler Stroker rowing machine is a really solid piece of workout equipment.
Using magnetic resistance, this rowing machine can be manually adjusted to alter your resistance level and comes with a fixed LCD monitor that displays all the essentials.
Foldable and well-built, this is a great mid-range rowing machine that's ideal for the beginner. You'll never run out of resistance levels and you can count calories and time on the computer. Want a full-body workout machine without breaking the bank? This is a good one.
- Very quiet. If you don't want to risk disturbing anyone else or fancy working out to your favourite Netflix show, this is a very quiet machine.
- Manually adjustable. You can set this Kettler Stroker to one of the 8 magnetic resistance levels.
- Foldable. If you have a small space then this machine is great with its folding storage abilities.
- Affordable. With no more gym subscriptions and no more excuses, this mid-range machine will pay for itself in no time and comes in much cheaper than the popular Concept 2.
- Magnetic adjustment means you have to stop rowing in order to change the resistance levels. This differs from air and water resistance.
- LCD screen only covers the basics and isn't backlit.
- Uses rope rather than chain which isn't as durable. Replacement ropes can be tough to get hold of.
About the Brand
Not a dedicated rowing machine brand, Kettler are a German company that specialise in family home products. Whether it's garden furniture, home fitness or family toys and games, Kettler have got you covered.
Read on through our Kettler Stroker Rowing Machine review to find out if this brand can help you on your journey.
Folds in half on wheels
L:218cm x W:60cm x H:98cm
L:103cm x W:60cm x H:141cm
Recommended Usage Space
3 years parts and labour
How does a magnetic rowing machine work?
The Kettler Stroker is an 8-level magnetic rowing machine. That means that there's a powerful magnet that can be moved closer or further away from the flywheel. Because the machine doesn't use air or water, it's amazingly quiet.
Track workouts, follow progression and burn calories
The LCD monitor that comes with the Kettler Stroker is a simple and easy to use computer. It can track five functions which are enough for the beginner rower to get excellent workout stats.
- Time over /500m
- Pulse (must buy ear clip separately)
- Calories Burnt
This is a basic computer that isn't backlit, which might be a problem from some users. Without the depth of detail and tracking that other computers like the Concept 2 PM5 or the WaterRower S4, seasoned rowers and those training may find this computer just too simplistic.
Great for the basics, great for the home
The Kettler Stroker rowing machine is designed for amateur users in a home environment. It lacks the longevity of the Concept 2s, the professional design and the in-depth computer but if you just want an affordable piece of equipment that offers you a full-body workout, the Stroker is a great piece of kit.
With a separately available ear clip, you can get heart rate information fed directly to you and easily track calories burnt through the computer. Stable and well-built, the Kettler Stroker is simply excellent for the casual at-home rower.